Ocean Blend Pesto
This asian variation of pesto is a hearty, healthy way to flavour your grains, veg, or protein. It can be enjoyed raw or cooked. Add more water and oil if you want a softer creamier version. We like it as an appetizer.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: --
Yields: 1.5 cups
- 1 pkg of Ocean Blend Seaweed
- 2 C water
- 4 TBSP of oil
- 1/4 C walnuts, chopped
- 3 TBSP parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 TBSP of sundried tomatoes (in oil), chopped
- 1 clove or garlic, minced
- ½ C of tap water
- Soak Ocean Blend Seaweed in water. Prepare all other ingredients.
- Remove seaweed from the soaking water, squeezing firmly to remove excess liquid. Discard water. Place seaweed and all other ingredients into a blender and blend well. Blenders vary a lot, so you may need more liquid. Add 1 TBSP of water or oil at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Add pesto to cooked pasta, baby potatoes, grilled veggies, chicken, sandwiches, etc.
Leave a comment