Wild Mushroom Cheese Spread
The ultimate appetizer / the Netflix dip / the book club dip / the potluck special.
Spread it on bread, crackers, hamburgers, potatoes or just eat it with a spoon.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Yields: 8 - 15 servings
- 20g Untamed Feast Wild Mushrooms
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp butter or olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 250g cream cheese, goat cheese, or spreadable vegan substitute
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rehydrate mushrooms. (Cover in water). When they are soft chop them fine.
- Heat butter / oil.
- Sauté onion and chopped, rehydrated mushrooms until golden, and starting to crips.
This is the key step. The slower you let this happen, the more mushroom flavour you will get.
- Add most of the soaking water to the pan and reduce SLOWLY until most of the liquid is gone. Time = Flavour.
- Remove from stove. Add cream cheese or spreadable substitute of choice. Blend well and refrigerate until firm. If it sits for a day in the fridge, it gets stronger.
Leave a comment