Traditional Eastern European creamy style wild mushroom soup. Serve with fresh bread and butter. Like most soups, it's even better the next day.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Yields: 4 - 5
- 1 pkg. Untamed Feast Wild Mushroom Soup
- ¼ C bacon, diced (optional)
- 2 TBSP butter or olive oil
- ½ C onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ C white wine
- 1 C 18% cream
- 3 C water
- In a pot, sauté bacon (if using).
- Add butter or olive oil and sauté onion and garlic.
- Add wine, package contents, and water. Bring to a boil while stirring on high.
- Reduce heat, stir in cream, cover and simmer on low for 10 minutes.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Use sauté function for steps 1 – 3, BUT after it’s boiled, place lid and set to pressure cook function for 5 minutes.
- Use quick release. Add cream or dairy substitute and stir.
- Switch to slow cook for 10 mins.
NOTE The instant pot instructions for this soup doesn’t actually save time but many of you love the Instant Pot so much that we’ve provided them anyways. Remember, soup gets better with time.