This soup has nutritional yeast in the spice blend (a vitamin-B rich vegan cheese substitute), wild stinging nettle, sprouted premium Canadian wild rice, and of course actually wild Canadian mushrooms. These are all awesome things if you are veggie or vegan (actually awesome regardless of what else you eat). If you’re going to make it dairy free, unsweetened nut milk is good, veggie broth even better. Just keep your over all volume of liquid the same.
Prep time: 2 mins
Cook time: 16 mins
Yields: 4 - 5
- 1 pkg. Untamed Feast Wild Rice & Mushroom Soup
- 2 TBSP butter or olive oil
- ½ C onion, diced
- ¼ C white wine
- 4 C water
- 1 C cream, nut milk, broth
- Heat butter olive oil in a pot. Sauté onion.
- Add the wine, entire contents of package, and water. Bring to a boil while stirring.
Reduce heat, cover with lid, and let softly boil for 10 minutes.
- Add cream, dairy substitute, broth, (or more water) simmer for 2 mins. Garnish with fresh herbs and serve.
Instant Pot Instructions
- Use sauté function for steps 1 & 2, BUT after it’s boiled, place lid and set to pressure cook function for 5 minutes.
- Use quick release. Add cream or dairy substitute and stir.
- Switch to slow cook for 10 mins.
NOTE The instant pot instructions for this soup take the same amount of time as the stovetop ones but many of you love the Instant Pot so much that we’ve provided them anyways. Remember, soup gets better with time. For stronger flavour and softer rice increase slow cook time.