This recipe is how to prepare approximately one pound of ground MushrooMeat for any use. Hearty veggie tacos, nachos, lasagna, casseroles, pasta... you name it...almost anywhere you use ground meat you can use MushrooMeat. The ideal way to do this is with an egg or two, but you may use an egg substitute or omit it altogether. The egg(s) act as a binder and adds a bit of texture. If you don't want to use and egg, let the ground MushrooMeat continue to cook on low an extra few minutes and it will still turn out great.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 + mins
Yields: 4 - 6 servings
- 1pkg Untamed Feast MushrooMeat
- 1 1/4C boiling water
- 2 eggs or egg subtitute
- 1 TBSP of oil, plus extra for frying
- Add contents of bag to a large bowl. Mix well. Add 1 1/4 cups of boiling water, mix well again and form into a large ball. Let sit for 8 minutes. (This will begin the cooking process).
- Add 2 beaten eggs and 1 TBSP of oil. Mix well one more time.
- Cook in an oiled pan on medium heat. Using a spatula, break apart and stir occasionally. Cook until golden. Approximately 8 minutes.
Add taco seasoning in Step 3 for nachos and tacos.
Layer with veg, sauce, and or cheese in lasagna
Vegan shephards' pie
Use in chili or soup. (cook longer in step 3 so it holds together better)