Morels · Recipe · Simple Wild Mushroom Saute · Steak ·
Simple Wild Mushroom Sauté - Morels on Steak
This recipe is Cooking With Dried Wild Mushrooms 101. In this video we're gonna soak, chop, and sauté morels. We'll use those to top off a steak and serve with some fresh corn on the cob.
- 20g Untamed Feast Wild Mushrooms
- 1 C water for rehydration
- 2 TBSP butter or olive oil, or a combination of both
- 1/2 C onion, diced
- 1/4 C of dry white wine
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place mushrooms in a bowl and cover with water. When they are soft, chop them fine.
- Heat butter / oil in a large pan.
- Sauté onion and mushrooms until golden. Take your time here. This is where you are going to get the most flavour out of your mushrooms.
- Add wine to deglaze the pan (optional, but always a nice touch).
- Add soaking water, salt & pepper to taste, and simmer to reduce liquid.
- Serve on a bbq'd or broiled steak or your favourite protein.
- stir them into wild rice, quinoa or other cooked grains
- top off tofu, chicken, lamb or fish
- serve them over toast, pizza, or polenta
- add them to your favourite sauces and soups
- upgrade your eggs, potatoes, and pasta ‘
- or simply add kale, broccoli, or spinach to the cooked mushrooms and sauté a little longer.